The Shell Mixer is placed over a multi-color chip LED and produces perfect color mixing without compromising collimation. Optical efficiency is >90%.
More and more applications are starting to use multi-color LEDs. With most optics these Red-Green-Blue (RGB) and Red-Green-Blue-White LEDs create distinctive and unattractive color artifacts. Placing the Shell Mixer (aka Shell Integrator) over a multi-color LED eliminates these artifacts.
- Cap is placed over the LED source
- When placed over an RGGB LED, the source behaves like a white source
- Also, eliminates problems like color shadows and multiple shadows
- Apparent size of the source increases only slightly (typically by 20%)
- Ètendue dilution is very small, very narrow collimation angles are possible
- Realistic losses as low as 3%.
Find more about the shell mixer here.